News

Anacortes armed robbery suspect previously convicted in 2020 robbery at same location

Anacortes armed robbery suspect previously convicted in 2020 robbery at same location

Photo: Metro Services, Saga Communications


ANACORTES, WA (MyBellinghamNow.com) – Legal pro tip: if you’re jonesing to rob a store, consider a business you haven’t targeted in the past.

Anacortes Police say that they were alerted to an armed robbery report at a cannabis store on Highway 20 Monday night, Aug. 17.

An officer quickly located the suspect as he emerged from blackberry brush a short distance away from the store.

The suspect, identified as 24-year-old Austin Thomas, claimed that he had been working out.

A search through police records found that Thomas had been convicted of robbing the same exact cannabis store in 2020.

Following Thomas’ arrest, officers and a K9 unit recovered the stolen products along with a rifle believed to have been used in the robbery.

Recent Headlines

1 day ago in Sports

LIV Golf to end season early and cancel the Michigan team event

LIV Golf is ending its season one week earlier than planned, announcing Monday it will not hold the team championship in Michigan next week and instead crown the team champion this week 20 miles north of Indianapolis.

1 day ago in Sports, Trending

Serena and Venus Williams return to doubles and lose close match in Cincinnati

Serena and Venus Williams played their first doubles match together since the 2022 U.S. Open and lost a thriller, 2-6, 6-1 (10-8) to Marta Kostyuk and Peyton Stearns on Monday night at the Cincinnati Open.

2 days ago in Sports

‘This is probably my last year in football,’ says Cristiano Ronaldo

Cristiano Ronaldo says this Saudi Pro League season is likely to be the last of his professional career. The 41-year-old superstar's contract with Riyadh club Al-Nassr, signed in December 2022, expires next June, and he has told Vogue magazine that another is unlikely.

6 days ago in Sports

Montero, Tigers shut out Guardians without a strikeout, a first in MLB since 2014

Keider Montero pitched three-hit ball into the seventh inning and the Detroit Tigers blanked the Cleveland Guardians 3-0 on Thursday despite failing to record a strikeout.

6 days ago in Sports

Chicago Bears could merge 2 sites for potential stadium in northwest Indiana

The Chicago Bears have at least one viable site for a new stadium in northwest Indiana and they are examining a second location as they move closer to finalizing a place for their new home.