News

Fireworks ignite barn fire

Fireworks ignite barn fire

Photo: clipart.com

KGMI News Reporting
By Joe Teehan

SUMAS, Wash. – Fireworks caused a barn fire near Sumas Monday evening.

The Bellingham Herald reports some teenagers were playing with fireworks near the barn in the 3800 block of Kneuman Road when one shot into the rafters.

The firework ignited some insulation.

Firefighters put the fire out before the barn burned down and equipment inside was saved.

A fire official said it’s a reminder of the danger of fireworks.

Recent Headlines

23 mins ago in Sports

Brad Keselowski wins crazy crash-fest at Talladega

Fresh
Brad Keselowski Twitter

Only 21 of the 40 cars finished on the lead lap, and 12 cars were ruled out of the race.

2 hours ago in Local Sports

Arkansas RB and new Seahawk Collins loves Irish dance

Fresh
20-overlay

Collins was first introduced to Irish dance by the daughter of his high school football coach. He trains weekly at the Drake School of Irish Dance in Atlanta.

2 hours ago in Sports

NBA playoffs: Heat roll past Hornets in game 7

Fresh
Miami Heat Twitter

The Miami Heat emphatically ended Charlotte's season Sunday, beating the Hornets 106-73 in Game 7 of their Eastern Conference first-round series.

8 hours ago in Entertainment, Lifestyle

HAPPY BIRTHDAY: 26 freebies to help you celebrate this May

birthday

On your birthday you can have your (free) cake and eat it too!

16 hours ago in Local Sports

Miley, Seager lead Mariners past Royals 6-0

miley16104090556390

Seth Smith, whose homer accounted for the Mariners' only hit in a 1-0 victory Friday night, homered in the first inning, a one-out solo shot, his fourth.