KGMI News Reporting
By Mike Curtiss
BELLINGHAM, Wash. – A young teenage boy escaped a burning house in Blaine thanks to his barking dogs.
The dogs woke the 13-year-old boy around 10:20 am Wednesday, and he quickly realized that the house was filling up with smoke.
The boy and the dogs all made it out okay.
According to the Bellingham Herald, it took about a half-hour for firefighters to get the fire under control.
Investigators believe the fire started in a laundry room that had a history of electrical problems.
The boy was one of four people who lived at the home.
The home was heavily damaged by the smoke and heat.
The Red Cross is helping the family get back on their feet.